- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh green okra
- 2 teaspoons ground green mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
Wash and pat dry okra and in a small bowl stir together salt, spices and water to form a spice paste using a non-stick skillet.
Heat oil over moderately high heat but not smoking, and saute okra. Stir until okra is barely tender for about 2 minutes.
Add spice paste and saute, until okra is crisp tender, for about 3 minutes.